We met on Saturday February 22nd at Gary Reimer’s Crows Nest.
- The board is looking at upgrading our Gate system to an electric system with automatic locks, this is in the early stages, but will likely happen this year.
- We are discussing what to do with the abandoned boats in the upper yard, we would like to clean this out as much as we can. Possible to cut these up and dispose of them – Maybe use Facebook Marketplace etc.
- We had a lot of discussion regarding the high lake levels and how to make it easier to launch under these conditions, we will purchase three 10 foot dock sections and moor them with one end on shore and the other anchored to form a courtesy dock for launching, as water goes down this can be moved to provide a gangway to the docks ( instead of using the canoe or other makeshift device). Troy moved to purchase and Gary Guss seconded. This was approved.
- We will try to have our monthly meetings on Saturdays to coincide with the Regatta schedule. This is more efficient than the separate Friday meetings.
- We are looking into a boat lift system, although this is still in the early stages. If you have ideas on this forward them to the officers or bring up in a meeting
- Exploring catering for the Christmas party for the main dish at least.
- Planned out calendar for the year – You can view this under 2020 Calendar at the top of our webpage or direct link at https://portoliveryachtclub.com/calendar-of-events/.
That pretty much covers our discussion. Again, we are always seeking input, if you have an idea please bring it up with the officers or at a meeting. We are always looking for volunteers to cook, run races, help with operating the club etc. It’s your club! Let’s make 2020 a great year and fair winds for all.
Gary Guss – Scribe